Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Straight Talk

I finally broke down and did it. After years of using $15-$20 flat irons from Walmart, last week I broke down and bought a GOOD one. I'm not even sure what I went out for that day, but it was NOT to purchase a $60 flat iron...no ma'am. I do recall that in my shopping venture of the day, I was walking back to my car completely empty handed. I walked right past Sally Beauty Supply, stopped about 15 paces ahead and did a turn around.

"Maybe I should just go in and see what they have to offer in flat irons", I thought to myself. And so I did.

Long story short, there were a TON to choose from. They ranged in price from $25 to up over $100. I have to tell you~ for the longest time I just haven't been able to bring myself to justify this extravagant purchase. I mean, it seems a little "princess" like, and I'm just a regular girl who likes to save money. Still, I asked the girl that was working if she could give me any suggestions on a good one that wouldn't completely break the bank.... TADA!:


This is GVP's (Generic Value Products) pretty pink flat iron, which I now OWN! The retailer told me that it's basically the equivalent of the CHI flat iron, that she owns one herself, and that she loves it.

"$60?? (big, deep breath) Okay...I'll take it!"

And you know what? It was worth EVERY PENNY! No longer does my hair feel like it's being ripped, fried, and basically torn apart by the flat irons of my past. It glides through my hair with the greatest of ease and leaves it so soft and shiny! Mind you, I have a daughter who thinks she IS a princess, and she loves it, too!

If you're in the mood to spoil yourself just a little, and you're in the market for a good flat iron...this is the one for you. It comes in other colors (some even look like snakeskin!), but I just love the pink....so girly! You can definitely find these at any Sally Beauty Supply, or if you don't want to get off your sofa just go directly to the website! I think they may even be discounted online right now for only $50.

Enjoy!